Never Run Out of the Unscented Kind

Attention dude readers and/or those that possibly embarrass easily! The following post is about things we girls call that time of the month and products used during that time of the month. Consider yourself warned.

As a kid, I had horrible allergies. You name it, I was most likely allergic to it. This included all things scented. As I got older, I became immune to most of my allergies, including the "all things scented" ones. Or so I thought.

A few months ago, I grabbed a box of tampons not knowing that I had grabbed the scented ones. (Lesson 1: Read the box before purchase.) Once I realized they were scented, I didn't think TOO much about it, and things were okay.

The following month, that pesky little visitor reared her ugly head at my door, and I again used the scented tampons. I realized, then, that the scented tampons, um, bothered me, I guess is the best way to put it. So, I headed to Target, got unscented ones, and all was well again. I put the scented ones away instead of throwing them away because, ya know, I paid good money for those things and they shouldn't go to waste. SOMEONE may need them.

Enter today. I was going about my morning routine of stumbling out of the bed, to the shower, and stumbling out of the shower (I really should get up earlier and drink coffee before I shower.), and then I realized that I was out of the unscented tampons. All I had were the scented ones.

Imagine this. I'm standing in my bathroom trying to decide whether to chance the scented ones just long enough to get to work and get one of those horrible ones from the bathroom, OR chance an accident. Yes, I actually thought about chancing it with nothing. That's how uncomfortable these things make me. I decided to chance it with the scented ones.

Have you ever witnessed, Flo angry? I mean sure, she gets pouty and grumpy and gives you cramps and bloats you and makes you want chocolate so bad that if you don't get chocolate, heads will roll, but have you seriously really seen her angry?

People, she breathed fired today. Flo decided that since I was going to ignore her refusal of scented tampons, she was going to give me hell. She whined. She bitched. She moaned. And she breathed fire on me ALL DAY LONG. I'm still in pain.

How much do you want to bet I never run out of unscented tampons again?

Dear Flo, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'll give you chocolate.

posted under |

9 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh. Ow. Ugh. I feel your pain, my dear...

*Lissa* said...

HAH!! Your koslopus is mad at you.

Heather D said...

Owie. Just owie
I didn't even know they still made scented ones. That's right up there with the douche. I guess they still make those too? It's not just what I yell at shitty drivers?

Laura Marchant said...

I totally understand. And seriously why are scented ones even needed. Just saying...

Brooke said...

yikes!

Mendie said...

oh that is not good....guess we know what to put in your stocking this year! LOL!

Heather of the EO said...

pffffft. NOT FUN.

Christie O. said...

laughing at mendie's comment! i think we're on the same cycle. can bloggers get on the same cycle?

Christie O. said...

laughing at mendie's comment! i think we're on the same cycle. can bloggers get on the same cycle?

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments