Weigh-In Day

Today is weigh-in #2 with the Sisterhood’s “Looking Fine for Valentine’s” Challenge. I've been really worried about this weigh-in. Ok, who am I kidding? I‘ve gotten anxious each time I‘ve weighed in this past year. But the week was a real challenge for me. I did well on Wednesday, then woke up on Thursday with a sore throat. This had bad news written all over it. A sore throat means the start of something bad. And I just can’t drink water when my throat is sore. So, good-bye water; hello soda. (Bad April!) I was hoping and willing that the burning feeling in my throat would just go away. No such luck. By nine that morning, my ears were screaming, and I had a headache from hell. Friday and Saturday were no better. So, needless to say, work outs didn't get worked out. Sunday I felt some better, so I tried to work out, but my body just gave out after twenty minutes. On Monday, after many hours of Nyquil-induced sleep, I finally got a decent work out in. Now, I’m going to get on the scales and hope for the best…

Last week’s weight: 151.4
Today’s weight: 151.2

Well. That’s less than stellar, but it could have been worse. It’s not a gain, I guess. I didn’t expect have a big loss this week. And we all know that the last 20 is the hardest to lose. And considering that I just didn’t have the energy to work out on normal work out days stinks, but well, it is what it is. No need to sit and worry over the past. I’ve worked too hard this last year to be discouraged by one week. What I need to do is to get over the past week, work hard this coming week, and be anxious all over again next Wednesday morning. :o)

posted under |

10 comments:

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

You had a loss, and that's great! It's so much better than a gain, right? It seems like so many of us area sick. I'm just ready for winter to be over so all of these "bugs" will go away and we can get on with our program.

I hope you feel better this week!!

Vickie said...

I like your scale. It shows even the less than a pound loss. That is still encouraging. The bug wiped you out, but you showed him, by still lossing. That is still good!

I know what you mean when you started drinking pop with your sore throat. Pop just seems to help my throat when it is sore.

Hope you are feeling better this week:)

tammi said...

Still losing even though you were sick, not working out, and not necessarily making the best food choices is AWESOME ~ even if it is only 0.2 of a pound!!!

I love your positive attitude. Keep up the great work!!!

Crooked Eyebrow said...

It's a loss and a perfectly fine one when you are ill. I hope you get back to feeling better! Good luck this week!

Mary said...

Congrats on not gaining! I hope you feel better!

Mommy Mo said...

Hi April! I'm glad you are feeling better. A loss is a loss, that's what I always say. I need to get me one of those fancy-schmancy scales that calculates weight in smaller increments!

audrey said...

So glad you're feeling better. Sounds like you have a great attitude. Just get back on track and never give up (the secret to continued success!). :)

Jessi said...

Your attitude is inspiring! Great job on your loss, no matter how tiny...a loss is a loss. ;-) Hope you're feeling better after a tough week.

~Hope~ said...

Take your loss! When you are sick it's hard to stick with anything.

T.W.I.T. said...

Great job on the loss! Sending Wellness Blessing your way :)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments