Was That a Compliment?

If there is one person on Earth that I will never understand, it’s my brother. Honestly, most of the time he annoys the shit out of me, and there are times when it’s either leave the room or go postal. My brother is 4 years younger than me, but in his eyes, he knows so much more about everything. And I know nothing about anything. Whether or not he means it, that’s the way he comes across.

I’ve learned that when he’s in one of his know-it-all moods that it’s best to not engage. This just keeps everyone happy and my blood pressure down.

So, today my mom and I were sitting at the kitchen table eating pie. (It’s EASTER, people. Give me a break. It was a small piece, I swear!) I was also writing down some healthy recipes to share with my dear sisters. (What an oxymoron that was, eh?) My brother comes into the room to get a drink of water. He then started talking about some diet plan that he discovered and how it’s the best diet plan around. There were probably a couple of “you should” sentences in there, but I had already tuned him out. I would nod occasionally so that he didn’t know I wasn’t really listening to him.

Then I hear:

“…but shit, you know what you’re doing. Sixty pounds, that’s no joke. For real.”

And he walked out of the room.

I stopped writing, looked up at my mom, who was looking back at me and I said, “did he just say what I think he said? Did he just give me a compliment?”

Her response, “Yeah, I think he did. I wasn’t really listening.”

Well. Maybe I do know a thing or two. ;o)

posted under |

3 comments:

audrey said...

SWEET! :)

Brooke said...

lol!! :)

and even funnier that your mom was doing the same as you :P

*Lissa* said...

Hah!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments