Weigh-In Wednesday: A Break


It's yet another weigh-in day over at the Sisterhood!! We're in week #4 of the Shrink Into Summer challenge! How are you doing? Are you shrinking?


You're reading my title and thinking I'm taking a break from shrinking, aren't you? Nope. Keep reading. After the doctor told me not to exercise until Sunday, I knew that I had a real challenge on my hands. Not only did I feel like complete crap, but I had to really try to cut my calories because I couldn't work out, and I wanted to still lose weight. My body just wasn't having it. I have such a schedule now with my food that my body gets seriously angry if I don't eat exactly what it's used to. So, that said, I did the best I could, but I probably could have done better.

Last week's weight: 145.0
This week's weight: 145.8

I'm not surprised by this tiny gain. Like I said, it was hard for me to cut my calories in order to make up for me not working out. Now, I could be hard on myself and kick myself in the ass for not eating better, but I'm not. I've decided to give myself a break. I was sick and didn't feel well, so a tiny gain isn't too bad when I look at the big picture. I just have to refocus now that I'm better.

I guess my point of all of this is to say, if you're having a rough time or for whatever reason you have a challenge that a big weight loss may not be possible, just give yourself a break. You're trying and that's important. And as long as you don't completely fall off the wagon, and you just take things day by day, the weight will come off. I have the hardest time not being hard on myself, but this week, I'm not. And that in itself is a big accomplishment for me! So, if I can give myself a break, then you can too! So, if you had a bad week, fine. Now, it's over, let's refocus and kick ass next week! What do ya say??

posted under |

11 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that had a bad week! I didn't even weigh myself this morning because I was too afraid to see what the number was! But like you said, it was last week, today is a new week and its time to refocus and start new!

Brooke said...

i love your attitude!!! and you definitely get a pass when you're sick.

Anonymous said...

I agree that you have a great attitude and reading your blog (especially that last paragraph) is a great encouragement to me!

*Lissa* said...

Great advice! :o)

Fergie said...

I totally agree that you deserve a break, and some credit, heck that gain is so small if you didn't have a digital scale you wouldn't even know it!!!

Mommy Mo said...

You do deserve a break. When you get to where you are, I think it's harder to take off the weight. BTW- what is your goal weight?

tammi said...

A "gain" of 0.8 is MAINTAINING, sweeties! Your weight can fluctuate three times that much in just one day, so that hardly even counts! And considering you were ordered to take it easy, that's a victory in my books!!!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

You did a great job this week, girl. So great! I know it was so hard for you to take it easy, but you did, and you're better now. Giving yourself a break and not beating yourself up is so important!

I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. It sucks to not work out, but if your body is going to fall apart on you it's better to err on keeping it together! I totally understand about the hunger. In a way I'm glad I'm shredding because then I don't have that feeling on my days off of running.

Christie O. said...

good for you, it's really hard to not get down on yourself, but honestly, i would consider that more mainenance than gaining! when you're sick you're sick and there's nothing you can do about that! :)

AnnG said...

Keep it up! You've got a great attitude, and really a half pound gain is so minimal when you look at the big picture!! Way to go!!

Thanks for stopping by my site, it's nice to know people are reading and commenting!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments