Weigh-In Wednesday: Choices

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans


Good whatever time of the day you happen to be stopping by my blog! It's Wednesday and weigh-in day over at the Sisterhood! How did you do???

I knew I was going to have a gain. On the 4th I went to a cook out, and I had choices. I could have made better ones, but I didn't. I could have not eaten both a hamburger and a hot dog, but I did eat both. I could have chosen not to eat a piece of that eclair cake, but I didn't make that choice.

And now, I could choose to throw my hands up in the air and say screw it. Have you ever had those moments? I sure have. Every single thing that happens to our bodies is a result of the choices we have made. We all know that. So, yeah, I made bad choices over the weekend. Lots of them, but if I were to now make the choice to throw my hands up, then what good would it have done me to lose those 62 lbs? None. And I would be more disappointed in myself about that than I would be about one or two days of bad choices.

We are all going to have moments when we cave and eat that cake and that hamburger and hot dog and the potato salad and macaroni salad. It's just going to happen. The important thing isn't the choices we made then because that's in the past. What is important is trying to focus on the choices we make from now on. To pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and try again today and to not let a few bad choices turn into many bad choices.

So, if you have had a bad week, you're not allowed to feel bad about it. I'm not going to let you. It happened, it's over. Start over. All we can do is to focus on the now and the choices we make now.

Now, this weekend I have a real challenge. Girls' Cabin Weekend. My goal for this week is to just maintain. Because let's be real, the exercise will be little (even though my plan is to swim some laps) and the calories are going to be beer, margaritas (sugar free ones!), and maybe some crown and coke zero. And as long as I can maintain, I will be very, very happy.

Last week's weight: 143.2
This week's weight: 144.0

So, how was your week? Good? Bad? Lay it on me, get it off your chest, then if it's bad, throw it away and focus on today. That's an order.

posted under |

8 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

I like how you ALWAYS have a positive attitude...I need one of those...can I borrow yours? I had a HORRIBLE week and am back to where I started the challenge...blah.

*Lissa* said...

Not too bad... we knew it would be a hard week.

Enjoy your weekend, watch that food you put in your mouth. ;o) I will not say anything about the liquids.

Christie O. said...

(haha lissa -- there was a time in my life i would call those liquids "meal replacements". LOL!)

oh don't you worry bout a think little lady, it's just one week. sure we all make choices and you should be one with them. so you had a hotdog and a hamburger. i bet you enjoyed them and better yet, enjoyed the cookout, good for you! Anyhoo, you're exactly right. just move on and you'll be fine, really it's a "whole picture" type of thing. you eat well most of the time and a couple of times you don't. so what. you're a healthier person now.

ps. i made a choice to have ice cream at the fireworks but my two little seagulls see me eating something and pounce -- and i only get to eat about half of it. i guess it works! LOL

Brooke said...

i'm not worried about last week - i'm worried about the cheesecake and mac & cheese in the fridge!!

thanks for the positive attitude. :)

Jessica said...

Great attitude. I really do need to borrow some of it. I just feel like quitting. But you're right. It happened and we need to move on. Here's to a fresh start!!

audrey said...

You're always so darn upbeat. How do you do it? ;)

Congrats on not throwing your hands up in the air and giving up!

Vickie said...

You always have a good attitude when I come over hear! Makes me want to scream YES!!

By your orders I am throwing last weeks garbage out!!

Have fun on your girls night cabin outting. Have fun with the drinks. Crown and coke sound pretty good right now:)

Jacki said...

Love your positive attitude, makes me want to kick off my week right!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments