You Capture: Photographer's Choice

Photobucket

I was all set to give you You Capture: My Town this week. It was going to start off with something like this:

Welcome to Roanoke, VA

Then I was going to show you this photo:

Then I was going to show you some of my favorite places. Like this place:

This is St. Andrew's Cathedral, and while I'm not catholic, I've always loved this place. I called it a castle when I was little.




But soon, my post decided it had its own plan for me in mind.

Roanoke is called "The Star City of the South". Why? Because we have this huge star that overlooks the city. (It shines red, white, and blue at night.)

So, because my mom hadn't been at the Star in a while, she and I head up there. The Star is huge, can be very hard to get all of it in a shot, and I've never taken a good photo of the Star. So today, I have a plan. But I'd rather there not be a bunch of people up there when I do this. There was one guy, but he left pretty quickly. Score!

Me: Mom, be my look out, will you? I'm going to try something.

Mom: Um, okay.

So, I lie down on the deck in my good work clothes, so that I can get a good shot of the Star, and I get this:


I get back up, and walk up to the star to get a different perspective. Something like this is what I was thinking:



But before I can take my different perspective shots, I see this:


So, it seems that in my You Capture adventure, I got captured, and who knows who saw the crazy chick lie down on the deck at the Star just to take a picture. So, this week, I give you Roanoke Captured: April. And it seems that the photographer didn't have much of a choice. Yay. :o)

Want to see more You Captures? Head on over to Beth's place.

posted under |

35 comments:

Heather D said...

I love that you were captured capturing... ha!
Great job this week ;)

Anonymous said...

That is a pretty cool star. It would neat to see it changing colors. Did you look up on the link and see if you really did get captured? And what you looked like lying there on the ground? (btw I took many pictures of D.C. lying on the ground!)

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

Ha! That is hilarious. But you are a true artist, doing whatever you can to get the best shot. Good for you! And also, great shot!

The Animator's Wife said...

Funny! Now I want to see what else is going on at the StarCam...

Christy M. said...

OMG, Did that just happen?!! HA!!

I love your captures this week. And all the best shots are taken in precarious positions, trust me.

I cannot wait to check out StarCam!!!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful cathedral! Too funny. I also had to check the star cam, not much to see except the city lights at this time of night. http://www.roanokeva.gov/WebMgmt/ywbase61b.nsf/DocName/$starcam

Bacardi Mama said...

These are beautiful captures. You did a great job.

Diane said...

this was a really fun post to read! great photos! i really love the church.

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Looks like a fascinating place! Thanks for sharing it!

Jessica Monte said...

Now this looks like a fun place to visit. I like the shot of the church and those of the star. Very nice.

Unknown said...

Wow...Amazing, I really like the church shot! Really nice!! Xx

Valerie said...

That is funny! Can you go back in the history of the web came to see yourself?

Jessi said...

How funny! I loved this because I did a "My Town" thing this week too and because my friend is from Roanoke and is always talking about how beautiful it is :) Thanks!

CraftGirlAlli said...

great shots! The 2nd is my fave.

Brooke said...

lol! :P

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

ha! Cool perspectives. You sound like me. I'm always laying down or twisting around and people are looking at me in confusion and like I'm a mad woman. Which I am, but ya' know whatever. I get the shot, right?

Layla and Delia said...

Hahahaha!! Very cute story! :)

I really like the Cathedral shot. Great job!

tippytoe foxtrot said...

Yay, fellow Virginian! I'm up in Arlington. Lovely shots!

Anonymous said...

I love cathedrals too!

What a beautiful set of captures, especially being captured!

{krista} said...

Smile, you're on Starcam! Love it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! dork.

Jenni said...

Great shots! I love that you may have been captured capturing the star! Wish we could see an image of that posted here. :)

Stefany said...

ha! Too funny that you got captured this week too.

Great pics!

Anonymous said...

maybe starcam is signing up to you capture? great post :o)

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! That would totally be me, did you go check out the star cam?

Vanessa said...

You never know who's watching! I'd love to see the star lit up.

Mommy Mo said...

Next time, let me know when you are going and I will "look you up"!

Prairie Lady said...

Very creative photo tour. And great photos too.

Unknown said...

That start is cool but I'm a sucker for churches. Very nice captures. And so funny that you were "captured" too! : )

Mominin said...

How funny! I think it was worth it!

Mum-me said...

Oh I love the cathedral.

Saj said...

Great captures! I hope you weren't in a skirt! Who knows what they would have seen?! :)

carrhop said...

Hee hee! Love all the pics--and love that you got 'captured' yourself!

Blessings!

Jo said...

Cool cathedral picture. And too funny how you ended up on StarCam! :-)

sunnymama said...

Great pictures! I love the first one, it's a magnificent view :)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments