You Capture: Shapes

Photobucket

Beth's You Capture challenge this week was Shapes. I truly hated geometry (and I was a math major!), but I'll play along. *sigh* Kidding!

I tried all weekend to get nice captures of shapes, but well, sometimes trying to get good shots, while drinking, um, soda, just doesn't work. So, I took these instead.


Square (and diamond):
This is a quilted wall hanging that my mom made to match the quilt she made for my bed. The pattern is called Sparkling Gems. (I think.)


Oval:
This is a dream catcher that I got at a pow wow when I was in high school. It's been hanging in my window every night since then.



Diamond:

Fence. Not much else to say about that. ;o)



Octagon:

Stop sign in the corner of my yard. Please ignore the bird poop.




Circle:
Okay, this was from my Girls' Weekend. I just thought this circular mirror was cool. :o)


Want to see more You Captures? Go over to I Should Be Folding Laundry!


posted under |

22 comments:

Bacardi Mama said...

I love the wall hanging. I bet the quilt is really cool. Great captures.

Julie said...

I love the fence picture!!! Great captures!

Prairie Lady said...

I think my favorite is the fence. Creative idea!!!

The Animator's Wife said...

They are great... even under the influence of *soda*.

Anonymous said...

You captured many different shapes. I think you copied me! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of the fence! Nice job!!!!

Stillmary said...

You found and captured a lot of great shapes from such a variety of places. Very impressive, although I'd love to see the ones you might have posted when you were drinking that 'soda'.

Mum-me said...

Nice shapes - I really like the mirror.

Kathleen said...

Great shapes! And if you can tell me where there is a Stop sign WITHOUT bird poop, I'll give you a penny (circle)!

Jessi said...

I like the color contrast in the stop sign shot. Succeeded in ignoring the bird poop ;)

Saj said...

I think all of your captures are great! I really love that mirror-it would make looking in the mirror much more appealing!

Brooke said...

has your mom taught you how to quilt? i wanna learn but everyone i know is too old. :(

Anonymous said...

Oooh...I really like the fence and the stop sign!

CraftGirlAlli said...

Nice shots! I really like the stop sign one!

Heather D said...

Love the bird poop octagon...I mean stop sign!

Amy J said...

Very nice shapes :-)

Heather said...

lovely, I think my fave is the dream catcher. Very interesting perspective!

*Lissa* said...

Very creative! Good job!

Meg said...

I love the reflection in the round mirror- how it implies a rectangle... also like the perspective on the fence shot.

mommy boo of two said...

I love the mirror! And the angle of the stop sign is fun. Great job!

Rebecca said...

I love the stop sign!

Alice said...

bird poop aside, i love all your photos! (the circular mirror is very pretty). good catch on that diamond in the fence, i'm not sure i would have seen it - lol!

i didn't post this week, but feel free to come on over and visit anyway :O)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments