Lions and Giraffes and Bears! Oh My!

In case you didn't know this about me already, I LOVE animals. All of them. Except spiders. Also, in case you already didn't know this about me, my favorite animal is the giraffe. One of the top things on my bucket list is to feed a giraffe (since it's fairly obvious that I'll never get to own one). So, when the NC Zoo announced they were opening a giraffe feeding station, I was so excited! Problem. All but one are still very young and shy, so I didn't get to feed giraffes today, but I did get to go out on the deck and meet the keeper.

I also got to see all of the other amazing animals they have. I am truly in my element in a zoo. And the only reason I'm not working here now is because I couldn't stomach formaldehyde in order to take all of the biologies needed.

With that, here are just a few of my favorites from today:









I guess you could say that I was at one with nature today, huh? *hint, hint*

Which one's your favorite?

Posted by Picasa

posted under , |

8 comments:

*Lissa* said...

Great photos, hooker! Looks like you are finding your way around that new camera! Flamingo photo is my fave!

Anonymous said...

You went to North Carolina to feed a giraffe?

And your little nature reference was poorly hidden

audrey said...

Elephant's my fave. Love these pictures. You're wielding that camera around like a pro. ;)

Crystal said...

Pictures are amazing!! I'm loving the kitties, oh how I love cats of all sizes! I too love, love, LOVE animals ...

Brooke said...

the polar bear for sure - did ya find the darma logo any where?

Brooke said...

the polar bear for sure - did ya find the darma logo any where?

Mamí♥Picture said...

You are doing an AWESOME job with that new camera!
love it!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures. Seriously, those pictures belong in a children's book! Great work!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments