Weigh-In Wednesday: Back on Track

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans

It's Wednesday, so you know what that means!!! It's weigh-in day over at the Sisterhood! We're well into our Shrinking Days of Summer challenge, so tell me, how goes it, folks? Are you shrinking? I hope so!!


I changed things up this week with exercise. I was beginning to feel like my body had adapted to what I was doing. When your body adapts to exercise, you stop losing weight. So, the solution is to confuse it, which is what I did. Last year, I was lucky enough to acquire the P90X program. The work outs are HARD and pretty much suck ass, but I knew they would confuse my muscles enough to get back on track.

Over the week, every single muscle in my body has been sore. Right now, it's my hamstrings and triceps. I love it. (Yep. You read that right. I love being sore.) When you're sore, it means it's working! So, did I undo the damage from last week? Yep!

Last week's weight: 144.8
This week's weight: 143.4

I'm going to admit, as much as I worked out this week and as sore as I was, I sort of expected more than that. I can still get stuck in the I have a lot of weight to lose mindset. When I had 50 or more lbs to lose, losing weight was easy. It was nothing for me to have a 4 lb weight loss in a week. Now, that I'm in the 15 or less range, 4 lbs just doesn't happen.

It can be very easy to not get discouraged at this. It's easy to groan and want to just say heck with it. When we reach those times, we have to look at how much we've accomplished and how far we've come. (Thanks, Thea!) I'm stronger now, more confident, down several sizes, and I've lost 62.6 lbs. And I'm still trying. How can I not be proud about that? Why would I want to throw all of that out of the window just because I'm losing more slowly now? Answer: I wouldn't and I won't. I may struggle with these last 14.4 lbs for the rest of my life, but I will never give up.

So, I ask you....are YOU WITH ME?

posted under |

13 comments:

Christie O. said...

I am! I am with you! I heard that P90X kicks some booty! Good luck! You're gonna be ripped!!

I'm finally getting somewhere this week, I'm down two. You're so right about mixing it up, my week HURT this week (everything hurts!) but it's worth it! And yes, I know the frustration of coming so far but not being able to go any further (very well actually) but we have to keep it in perspective, right? (that's really hard though!). There was a time when I would pray to just be able to fit in a 12. I promised myself if I ever fit a size 12 I would never complain about my size again. I have to learn how to keep my promises.

:)Cheers to a great week!!

CraftGirlAlli said...

awesome!!!!!

go team black!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! It takes true motivation to switch it up and do something different and more difficult. U R my Hero for the day! ;o)

Bacardi Mama said...

You should be proud. I think I need to try switching things up. It makes total sense. Thanks for the idea.

tammi said...

YES! You go, girl!!! It is so easy to be content (or lazy) when the weight loss gets harder and slower ~ way to kick it up a notch!!

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

My husband is doing P90x! Yesterday was day 30! It's pretty gnarly! Way to go! Great loss!

*Lissa* said...

Way to go, hooker! I'm proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the weight loss and staying motivated, 62 lbs is something to be extremely proud of. I have about 15 lbs to lose so I am right there with you. 1 lb a week is great.

Christy M. said...

April, I'm so proud of you!!! Way to go for pulling out the PX90!

I know how you feel with those smaller losses. It really feels like we're working hard enough to garner those 4 pounds losses, right? It's just not the way it is anymore, though.

Keep up the good work, and you'll be there in NO TIME!!!!!

Mel said...

So excited for your loss this week. I definitely think the change in workouts worked for you. I hear you when you talk about how you don't get the 4lb losses anymore. You are right that it was easy losing the majority, but these last 10 are killing me! I've been trying to lose them for about a year now. I know there is something said for maintaining, but enough already. I want to reach my final goal weight. Good luck this week.

erin said...

I am on team Fushia, and I have been debating on starting the P90X. I have 10 lbs to lose and I am hoping this will help me to do it.

Cristina said...

You rock! 62.6lbs LOST and only 14.4 to go?!?!? You'll be there before you know it! You just keep on doing what you're doing and with that positive attitude, you'll get there!

I totally get you...I like being sore too...it means the workout is working...love it!

Anonymous said...

I would love to try p90x...it looks tough!

Thanks for the props for losing 40 lbs...you are an inspiration with over 60 lbs! Fabulous...you should pat yourself on the back young lady!!!

Great week...glad you are seeing a loss again! Sometimes the unexpected change is all we need! Keep it up!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments