Weigh-In Wednesday: Blame the Cake

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans


It's Weigh-In day over at the Sisterhood! We are well into the Shrinking Days of Summer challenge! Good luck to everyone!

I knew this week was going to be bad, but I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. Of course we all know where I went wrong. I should feel guilty about eating so much of that awesome carrot cake, but I was my birthday, I only get carrot cake once or twice a year, so I don't really feel guilty.

I tried my best to "counter" this. I exercised extra, and even cut calories more than I should yesterday. (DON'T DO THAT. It's not good for you and it didn't work anyway!) And as the scales show this morning, it didn't help.

I could tell you all to remind me to never have a birthday during a challenge again, but screw that. You all are part of what made my birthday special, and for once, I LOVED my birthday, so I'm keeping my birthday even if it's during a challenge.

I do have a small point to all of this rambling. Life happens. Sometimes, we just have to go with it and and enjoy it. Now, it's over, and it's time to buckle down again. And I will. I promise. Team Black? I'll make it up to you I swear!!

Last week's weight: 143.8
This week's weight: 144.8

So, talk to me. How did YOU do?

posted under |

15 comments:

CraftGirlAlli said...

It's okay...I'm in the same boat as you. But I don't have the birthday excuse...I just didn't do well...at all.

Christie O. said...

it's ok!! you had a happy birthday! no worries!! seriously!
and i'm not even saying that just cause i'm on the gold team. hahaha ok maybe a little. no i'm not. oh i'm kidding!

Anyways i wish birthdays and vacations weren't in any of the challenges but they are and that's life!! my vacation is in the last week of the challenge sadly.

but i did want to thank you for the bmr website because thanks to the "correct" amount of calories, i actually lost weight this week! for the first time in WEEKS! woot!

i mean, just a pound, but so what, right? anyway, here's to another great week ahead for both of us! cheers!

Anonymous said...

down .6 this week. Next week will be better...at least you enjoyed yourself and don't feel guilty! Enjoy life...it's worth it!
~Mendie

Brooke said...

you only gained a pound? come on it was your birthday - if your team has a problem with that they can take it up with me!

*flexes guns*

Anonymous said...

Life happens. You'll get it back next week! You can do it!

Melanie Sheridan said...

Girl, I'm still proud of you!! You'll get that pound off this week, I just know it. Don't let it get you down. K?

I had a small gain, too. Sigh.

Love!!

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you really enjoyed the carrot cake and don't feel guilty about it. Just eat lots of carrots this week!
I can tell you're not the kind of person to give up, so I think you'll be fine.

Mommy Elephant Sarah said...

If you can't enjoy your carrot cake on your birthday when can you? ;)

Heather D said...

Gaining a pound for the sake of carrot cake on your birthday is worth it. Completely.
I bet the extra exercise you did this week will pay off next week on the scale...

audrey said...

Only a lb and carrot cake? I think your team will live. ;)

You rock the whole weight loss thing. You'll be a big loser next week (and I mean that in the nicest way). :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, a pound is not bad at all for a birthday week that includes carrot cake. I bet you see a big difference next week.

Jessica said...

So glad I'm not the only one this week. Someone else commented that making real changes requires effort even during celebrations and lamentations. So, here's to your birthday and my sister's wedding and to working our butts off this week so we can help our teams to win.

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog. They really did help.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdy. I just had one on the last weekend. I didn't have a cake. Not that I am all that, on my diet. We just forgot to get me one. Good luck team Black.

cherish.photography said...

set backs just help us be more ambitious, right?

Vickie said...

Hey, since it was your birthday that is not so bad! sometimes you just have to say "Darnit, it is my birthday and I am gonna eat if I want too!":)

Happy belated birthday!

Sorry a few days late. Since it is summer now, my kids are hogging the computer.

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments