Weigh-In Wednesday

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans


Week 1 has come to an end of our Shrinking Days of Summer challenge over at the Sisterhood! This week has flown by, and I'm sure that this challenge will fly by. They always seem to do that! So, how did you do??? Let's hear it! Oh, and GO TEAM BLACK!!!! :oD


You know, I really hate it when people tell me that I don't need to lose any more weight. I had a personal trainer tell me this not too long ago. (Let me be clear, she's certified, I wouldn't hire her.) After I mentioned that my goal weight was something set by me AND my doctor, she shut up.

I understand to an extent why some people tell me this. They've seen me start out at over 200 lbs, and now I'm at 143.8 lbs. Also, I carry my weight well, so I never looked like I weighed 200 lbs and now I know I don't look like I weigh 143.8 lbs.

Truthfully, my body is healthy. (Even though my BMI is still slightly high.) I'm in the last 14 lbs, so my body has literally said, "I feel good." I heard it. But dammit, I want to lose those last 14 lbs. I'm a little vain that way, and that's quite alright! Who doesn't want to look hot? And I.WANT.MY.10.POUND.BUTTON! The End.

So, did you read that? I had no change this week. And I know that I didn't eat as well as I could have a couple of times, but overall I thought I had done a good job. And I exercised my ass off. UGH. I'm sorry Team Black for giving you a big fat goose egg for this week.

Now I have myself in a situation. There are going to be a couple of days this coming week that I KNOW I'm going to have bad food days. They're going to happen, and I'm not going to be good. I'm eating carrot cake, and I'm not going to feel guilty about it. So, I'm going to have to work twice as hard the rest of the week to make-up for these bad days.

Last week's weight: 143.8
This week's weight: 143.8

How did everyone else do?

posted under |

12 comments:

Brooke said...

i want your doctor. cause mine said "you'll never be a size four, just be happy with being health"

CraftGirlAlli said...

You maintained...and that is what's important! (I did the same this week). And, we are all going to have our bad days...I have plenty of them!

Shelley said...

I lost three pounds. That's actually pretty typical when I first start out (which I've done several times!). Next week probably won't be so much.
Congrats on maintaining. It's WAY better than gaining!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

Girl, I am so proud of you. You've come so far, and instead of giving in to your body's resistance, you're pressing forward because you know that's what you need to do!

We WILL reach our goal weights! We will! And hopefully by the time we hit Blogher, so we can celebrate together!!! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Love you!

tammi said...

You've done SO WELL!!! I do NOT carry my weight well ~ I'm pretty sure I look my full 165!! (probably even more!)

As for your upcoming eating challenges, CHALLENGE yourself to eat less! If you know there will be carrot cake, decide to have only one piece instead of two. (or four...) If you know you'll be eating at a fast-food restaurant ~ and still want to enjoy yourself there (like, seriously, who eats SALAD at McDonalds??!!) ~ decide to eat just half the burger and bring the other half home to enjoy some other time.

It CAN be done, just decide ahead of time that you will control yourself. Imagine how great it will be to report your LOSS to Team Black next Wednesday, DESPITE the eating challenges!!!!

tammi said...

Or just give up, cuz Team PURPLE is going to rock it anyway.

;)

Anonymous said...

Wow you have lost so very much to start with that is amazing. But keep up with it, and giving yourself breaks is a great idea, eat that carrot cake and enjoy every single bite, now just don't eat 5 pieces, ha ha. Like me, but I am changing my ways also.

Mommy Mo said...

April those last 14 pounds are going to fight you every pound of the way. Just bitch-slap them, stomp them into the ground and be rid of them forever. I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

You're team will be proud of you for giving it your all, no matter what the scale says.

Those last few pounds are the toughest. I was there once, within 5 pounds of my goal weight. But I didn't see it through. I got lazy and here I am, doing it all over again.

Don't let it get you! You can do this!

audrey said...

You didn't gain. That's a positive! You *will* lose the last 14 pounds. I know you will. I believe in you!!!

Christie O. said...

Oh April April April. I so so so hear you! Someone even told me that I like -- dare I say -- "skinny."

And I know it sounds very vain too but I can't help it, in my mind I still have a long way to go. My BMI tells m so. But you know, you ROCK! you do! you work hard and you definitely deserve to have your cake and eat it too (and i mean that in every way! happy birthday, girl!) Cheers to a new week!

Mel said...

Maintaining has its place too! I understand your frustration with the last few pounds. I set my goal as 135 and right now I'm at 140. It's frustrating to be so close, but it has been tough. The last few pounds most definitely have been the hardest out of the whole 45 I've lost already. We can do this though. Here is to a great week ahead!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments