Tasteful Thursday

My friend, Lisa is blogging here today and she's started something called Tasteful Thursday, so I'm going to play along and give you my favorite recipe.

Spinach Dip

Source: I first tasted this at a food day at work, and asked the girl for the recipe. I then found that I liked it better if I changed the recipe a bit.

Ingredients:

1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed (be sure to squeeze it dry!)
1 c. sour cream
1 c. mayonnaise
1 (4 oz.) pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix (or any vegetable soup mix will do, but this is my favorite)
1 (8 oz.) can water chestnuts, finely chopped (optional)
3 green onions, finely chopped (optional)

Put everything in a bowl and mix it up! Let it chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with your favorite type of crackers or bread. Enjoy!

My modifications:

When you follow the recipe, it tends to make the dip a little more, let's say soupy, than I prefer. So I use 1/2 cup sour cream and mayo to make the dip thicker. I would suggest adding the 1/2 cups and if you decide that's too thick for you, just the rest like the recipe calls for. Also, I don't use water chestnuts or the onions. It's just a personal thing.

Note: To make this a bit healthier, I've started using light mayo and non-fat sour cream. I know some of you may not like these healthier options, but I've found that you really can't taste a difference. I tried this out on a bunch of guys at a tailgate and they didn't even notice. Sneaky, April. ;o)

posted under |

2 comments:

Christy M. said...

I love spinach dip! The only recipe I have involves alfredo sauce, lots of mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and cream cheese. Basically a big NO-NO!

This one sounds nice and fresh and light (with your modifications), so I'll be checking it out~

Anonymous said...

You can also sub the mayo and sour cream for yogurt:
http://dairyspot.com/kitchen/recipes/appetizers/spinach-artichoke_dip.html

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments