A Valentine's Day poem

Ah, today is that lovely day filled with love
And cards and hearts and little chocolates by Dove.
Some of you look forward to this day I know,
But for me, it leaves me looking for something to throw.

I groan the second stores put the little pink hearts out;
And the cards and the roses, I just really want to shout.
Oh, and don’t even talk about that little shit, Cupid,
I think that squat little thing is just stupid.

OMG, there’s a commercial for match.com.
That’s much worse that any kind of love song.
The chocolate really is the best part of this day,
But let’s face it, too much of it, affects how much I weigh.

I give up and am just going to wish this day to end.
Because as soon as it does, I know my attitude will mend.
But to all of you folks who love this day I will say,
I really hope you all have a Happy Valentine’s Day!


Note: To those of you who are just getting to know me, I'm just bitter because I've never had a Valentine. ;o)

posted under |

1 comments:

Christy M. said...

Love it! You are multi-talented girl! A math whiz, artist, and poet!

Hope you ended up having a great day. Mine involved lots of walking, so I feel pretty good about it!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments