Weigh-in and ADDD

Last week’s weight: 151.2
This week’s weight: 151.0

Ok, this is a surprise. It’s a loss, and that’s cool. I had my thoughts together to talk about how Mother Nature had sabotaged my weekly weigh-in. I’ve been bloated, crampy, and just plain grouchy. I was prepared to tell you how Mother Nature could kiss it for having my body from the waist down screaming bloody murder for the past few days, she says, “oh yeah? Watch this.” So yeah, I got nothing and instead I’m going to ask you to please read below.

To the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans:
I just wanted to inform you all, that on Saturday, I am taking the day off. My friends Jessie and Rachael are coming for a visit. It’s been a few months since we’ve seen each other, so Jessie’s driving 4 hours to my house, Rach is headed over, and we have designated Saturday as ADDD. What is ADDD you ask? Well let me tell ya. ADDD is an All Day Drinking Day. Due to stresses in our lives, we have decided that we need one day to hang out, catch up, and yes, drink…like alcohol…and lots of it. Think of it as a prelude to the Girls’ Cabin Weekend Extravaganza 2009 (see future post or ask me about it if you just can‘t wait). We are going to stick with some healthier than normal options here. We’re drinking lite beer, Crown with Coke Zero, and we’re even going to try our hand at some sugar-free margaritas! And on the menu we have chips and salsa, healthy spinach dip, and grilled chicken nachos. I am fully prepared to accept the consequences of this day. The calories are going to be higher than usual, and the hangover may be a bitch(ok, it will be a bitch). But for one day, I’m just not going to think about it.

I guess my point in writing this to you all is that I’m making myself accountable for my actions and telling you all will help keep me focused. I know I’m blowing this day off. I know we’re getting so close to the end of a challenge, but I NEED this day. It’s not so much about the food and drink as it is spending the day relaxing and blowing off steam with my friends. The food and drink are just a bonus for us. :o) I promise you and myself that I will make up this one day. I’ve planned to work in a few extra work outs and to be militant with my food until the next weigh-in. You all are a wonderful group of people, and I’m very grateful to have found you. So with all that said, the promise of ADDD lies ahead. You’re welcome to join us if you like!

Sincerely,
April

posted under |

5 comments:

Mommy Mo said...

ADDD sounds wonderful, minus the hangover. I think you have a good plan- watch what you eat before and after Saturday, throw in an extra workout or two, and you should be fine. Have fun with your friends!

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

ADDD: LOVE IT!

Can I come too? I'll bring my vanilla vodka and diet cream soda.

Seriously, I love that you are so accountable. You know it will be a bad day, and that's okay. I think it's important to have days like that, just not too often! Enjoy yourself! I hope the hangover's not too bad!!

I always match each adult beverage with a glass of water. Seems to help with the alcohol bloat and it lessens the hangover, too.

*Lissa* said...

Sounds like so much fun! I want to go!

That is great that you are being accountable and at least trying some "healthier" versions of drinks and food.

Not envious of your upcoming hangover though! ;o) Have fun!!

Vickie said...

OOooo, ADDD!! I wish I would do this activity. I miss doing stuff like ADDD.

Your menu looks healthy. After your hangover is done, increase your activity and have a bunch of fun.

Christy M. said...

I left you a little something on my blog :)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments