Recipe Carnival

I can’t say this is ultra exciting as a dish, but I like it. I say that I like it because I tend to eat it A LOT. I don’t know if that just makes me boring or smart. Being single, the only person I have to cook for is, well, me. Sometimes, this sucks. Other times, it makes things incredibly easy. So, today, I bring to you, my own version of a grilled chicken salad.

Ingredients:

1 grilled chicken breast (seasoned with black and red pepper)
Baby Romaine Lettuce
Snow peas or sugar snap peas
Bell peppers (can be either green, yellow, or red)
¼ cup 2% Kraft Cheddar Cheese (= 80 calories)
2 tablespoons Reese whole grain Italian Herb Croutons (= 30 calories)
Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette 2 tablespoons = 5 calories


Instructions:

While I’m cooking the chicken on the grill, I load my plate up with the lettuce, peas, and peppers. The reason I load up on these things is because as far as calories go, these are “free” foods, which means it takes more calories to burn these foods than it does to eat them. Next, I add my croutons. By this time, my chicken is close to being done. After the chicken is done, I slice it into strips and add it to my salad. Then I add the cheese (so it will melt), and I usually use 3 or 4 servings of dressing.

And that’s it. I know it’s boring, but I like it and well, I think it works. It fills me up and the total calorie count is no more than 500 calories. This all depends on how big the chicken breast is and how much cheese, croutons and salad dressing you use.

Sorry I can't give you more of the nutrition facts, but for over a year now, I've been worried only about calories in versus calories out. It's good though, I promise. And if you decide to add other types of green veggies, great! Remember, green veggies are free foods!!

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments