Weigh-in Wednesday: This week: Fail

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans



We’re weighing in over at the Sisterhood today! It’s week #2 of this sprint of a challenge. I’m excited to see how everyone has done!!

For me, I had a few challenges over the weekend. I ate poorly and I didn’t exercise. So, I know where I went wrong. I am so close to a very big milestone that I can taste it, but if I have a feeling I'm not going to reach that milestone this week. That said, I did have a most excellent thing happen this week. A little over a month ago, my friend Jessie was visiting me and brought me some jeans that were now too big for her. These are size 10s. Of course I tried them on when she was here and couldn’t get them buttoned. Judging by how much I couldn’t get them buttoned, I felt like it would be a couple of months before these jeans would fit. So, Jessie asked me this week if those jeans fit yet. I responded immediately, “nope”. But then I thought, why not try them on. And guess what? THEY FIT!! I was so excited that I wore them to work today even though I haven’t “doctored” the length yet. (read: cut them off) Size 10! You know when the last time I wore a size 10? Never! Even at my smallest before I was always a 11 or 12!

Now to the weigh-in:

Last week’s weight: 147.4
This week’s weight: 148.4

Damn. I know I had cake and ice cream and Mexican food and not light beer. I know I didn't exercise at all last weekend. So if I know all of this, then why do I feel like I just have been slapped in the face? Maybe it's because I'm so close to that milestone. I want to reach it so badly. Maybe it's because that I've made reaching my goal this challenge next to impossible. Okay, I need to quit before I put myself in a bad mood. I need to focus on the positives. I've lost so much so far. I just fit my butt into a size 10 jeans! That's down from an 18/19 jeans! Yeah, I didn't reach that milestone, but I'll reach it soon! I've got this!

Okay, I feel better. I still could use a hug though.


**Update** Today is a non-work out day. Today, I worked out. :o)

posted under |

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, congrats on the jeans! That is awesome. Second,it's so easy to convince yourself that it's okay to be bad. I know for me, if I think too much about exercising, I can talk myself out of it. I just try to "know" that the day is a day for exercise without "thinking" about it. Hang in there! And you WILL reach your milestone.

Vickie said...

{{Hugs}}

Don't be hard on yourself. It is okay to have a little fun. You are going to reach your goal.

I am just so happy you got into size 10 jeans. That is fantastic! See, you are doing a great job!

Becca Sanborn said...

I know how it feels to gain a lb back off of what you've lost. You'll do fine, just take a little more motivation for yourself. Mine is to fit into a bikini, but I might be a bit overachieving. :)

Becca Sanborn said...

I know how it feels to gain a lb back off of what you've lost. You'll do fine, just take a little more motivation for yourself. Mine is to fit into a bikini, but I might be a bit overachieving. :)

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments