Weigh-In Wednesday: Me On Success

Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans


Today is the final week of the “Kiss Me, I’m Shrinking” Challenge over at the Sisterhood. How did you guys do??

Well, I didn’t reach my goal. In fact, I only lost 1 lb this challenge. I didn’t reach the 60 lb mark like I was hoping to do. I want to reach 60lbs lost SO bad. I can taste it. And one of these weeks, I gained. This is something I haven’t done in over a year! So. Does this mean I didn’t have success for this challenge? I’m not going to lie. My first thought was yes, that's exactly what it means. But then I thought. You know, I may not have lost 60 lbs (yet), but I have lost 59 lbs. Before I ever stepped on the scales for the first time, I would never have even thought I had 50 lbs to lose(that‘s called denial folks), and here I sit 59 lbs lighter. Plus, I did lose this challenge. It may not have been the 3 lbs I was looking for, but it was still a loss. And I've lost a total of 6 lbs since joining the Sisterhood. (Hey! Does this mean I can have a button?) My point is that setting goals is great. They help keep us on track. But if we don’t succeed by reaching our goals, then we have to measure our success in a slightly different way. So, I challenge all of you who didn’t reach your goals this challenge. Find one way that you succeeded. Just one. It kinda does make you feel better about it!

Now, I just have one more thing to say. One of the secrets to success in this crazy journey called weight loss is believing in yourself. It took a while for me to really get this. I found myself asking questions like, “why me” and ‘why do I deserve this”. Well, why NOT me? I deserve is just as much as the next person, don’t I? Yes. I do. And now I’ve lost 59 lbs! So, if you’re asking the “why me” type questions. Stop. Why not you? And if you struggle, it’s OKAY! I promise! Just keep working at it, and you’ll get there! And if you need support or motivation and you don’t know where to get it. Go here. We’re here! Join us! And if you’re already here and you’re having a bad week, find a sister! She’ll pick you up! Promise!

Last week’s weight: 148.4
Final weight for challenge: 147.0

posted under |

9 comments:

The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans said...

April, I think you did an fantastic job! We've had the conversation in the past about how it's almost a whole different ball game after you've lost so much weight. Just take some time to figure out what adjustments you need to make and I'm sure you'll be on the right track again soon.

One pound is a loss and you should be proud. You're still going down and that's key here, sister :)

Congrats!!! Keep up the good work. I'm so proud of you.

And thanks for your friendship and encouragement. It means so much to me!

Brooke said...

59 pounds is amazing!!! :)congrats!!

tammi said...

Sounds like you started out where I am right about now and are ending up approximately where I'd like to be!

I think you did FANTASTIC, too! Maybe you weren't going like gang-busters these last three weeks, but to be able to say this is the first time in a year the scale has ever gone up is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!!

VERY inspiring. Thanks for sharing your wisdom and encouragement with us.

Bree said...

wow 59lbs, way to go!! I'm currently at 196.. want to get down 28lbs for summer! Love the blog, am about to add myself as a follower :]

Sabrina
http://a-journey-of-a-thousand-miles.blogspot.com/

*Lissa* said...

Grab that damn button girlie!! You are such an inspiration! Keep it up!

Vickie said...

Wow! 59 pounds! Awesome. Your numbers are still going down.

You have a such a good attitude, I am inspired:)

Anonymous said...

Dude! You are doing AMAZING!!! Congratulations!

Mama Voss said...

Good for you... just came across your post and you've inspired me to keep trying... thanks!

Michelle said...

Wow, congrats on your weightloss! Truly an inspiration! 1 lb is great, good for you for seeing that!

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
I'm a walking contradiction. While I love to draw, paint and read, I also love all things gadgets, science and even science fiction (I know). My animals (two dogs and two birds) are my heart, and if I could figure out how to legally own a giraffe, I would. That all said, I have my BS in Mathematics. :o)

Followers


Recent Comments